In This Section
Frequently Asked Questions about Balloon Sinuplasty
What types of doctors use the Balloon Sinuplasty?
Otolaryngologist or Ears, Nose and Throat (ENT) specialist, qualified on the Balloon Sinuplasty system. To locate a physician qualified on the Balloon Sinuplasty call the Beaumont Hospital - Farmington Hills Sinus Center of Excellence for a referral at 1 (877) 442-7900.
What are the benefits of using Balloon Sinuplasty?
- Safe and Effective – While use of any surgical instrument involves some risk, studies have shown the Balloon Sinuplasty system to be safe and effective in relieving sinusitis symptoms.
- Minimally Invasive – The technology uses small, soft, flexible devices that are introduced through the nostrils. These devices gently open blocked sinus openings.
- Reduced Bleeding – Because in many cases, no tissue or bone is removed, there may be reduced bleeding. As a result, the need for uncomfortable nasal packing may also be eliminated.
- Fast Recovery Time - While recovery time varies with each patient, many people can return to normal activity within 24 hours.
- Does Not Limit Treatment Options - The Balloon Sinuplasty technology is an endoscopic tool and may be used with other medical therapies or surgical techniques. It does not limit future treatment options if you have progressive disease.