In This Section
Lower GI / Air Colon
A Lower GI is used to examine the large intestine and the rectum.
Preparing for your test:
- Liquids only the day before your test, such as juice, pop, bullion, jello, coffee or tea. No dairy products.
- Between 4:00 p.m. and 6:00 p.m. the evening before your test, take 10 oz. of magnesium citrate (obtain from your pharmacy.)
- At 8:00 p.m. the evening before your test, take one fleet enema.
- Do not eat or drink anything after midnight, the night before your test.
- The morning of your test, use a clear water enema until results are clear.
- Bring someone to drive you home from your appointment.
For an appointment:
Contact Central Scheduling at toll free 1-800-328-8542 and local 248-577-9700.
- A doctor's order or script
- Insurance information
- Photo ID
Beaumont Hospital - Farmington Hills
Professional Center North
Suite 101, 28080 Grand River Ave.
Farmington Hills, MI 48336
Monday to Friday: 8:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m.
Saturday: 8:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m. (noon)
Valet parking is available.