Botsford News Release
Novi, Mich. (August 19, 2009)---Botsford Hospital is participating in the American Diabetes Association Foot Screening Day on Wednesday, September 9 from 10:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m. Botsford’s program will be held at the Botsford Wellness Complex located at 39830 Grand River Ave. in Novi. This free event focuses on educating individuals with diabetes and pre-diabetes, as well as those dedicated to living a healthy lifestyle.
The program will include:
· Foot screenings by physicians from the Botsford Podiatry Clinic
· Education on self foot exams, as well as healthy foot care behaviors
· Diabetes educators to answer questions and provide informative material
· Blood pressure screening
· Blood glucose screening
· Diabetic shoe display and ordering information
· Diabetes trivia game with raffle prizes
· Sit and Be Fit demonstration (seated, no impact, toning, strength, cardio with bands and dumbbells)- 11:00 a.m.
Learn more about Botsford’s diabetes and nutrition services including upcoming support groups and events.
For more information, please contact Botsford Hospital’s Diabetes and Nutrition Services department at (248) 477-6100.
Botsford Hospital is a multi-specialty 330 bed hospital and verified trauma center located in Farmington Hills, Michigan. The campus also houses an imaging center and a comprehensive care cancer center. Botsford Hospital is also home to an extensive medical education program and is part of Michigan State University's statewide campus system. Botsford Hospital each year cares for approximately 16,000 inpatients and more than 60,000 emergency and trauma patients with a team of 2,500 employees, 300 volunteers and more than 600 physicians. A not-for-profit hospital, Botsford provided almost $10.5 million in community benefit during its 2011 fiscal year.
MEDIA CONTACT: Lynn C. Anderson, Director, Marketing & Public Relations or Beth Montalvo, Publications & Media Relations Coordinator
PHONE: (248) 442-7986