Plan for an hour-long appointment at our clinic. We focus on three aspects of your trip:
- Pre-trip planning
- Counseling regarding your activities while traveling
- Post-trip evaluation, as needed
Our first step is to review the details of your trip: your reasons for traveling, itinerary, destinations and planned activities. We'll use this information to provide customized travel-related information and administer any required vaccinations.
We are pleased to provide the following services, as needed:
- Preventive immunizations for illnesses such as hepatitis A and B, measles, polio and typhoid
- Preventive therapy against malaria
- Advice on help to avoid and cope with diarrhea, nausea, jet lag and motion sickness
- Proof of Immunizations and other forms required by some countries (yellow fever certificate)
- Pre-travel health checklist
- What to do in an emergency
- State Department Traveler's Advisories
We will provide special tips for those traveling while pregnant or with health conditions such as diabetes, heart disease and physical challenges.
Counseling regarding your activities while traveling
Your visit will include a private consultation reviewing the following topics:
- Food and beverage precautions
- Protection against insects
- High-altitude sickness
- What type of sunscreen to use
- Foot care
- Jet lag
- Motion sickness
You'll also receive country specific information such as:
- A description of location, terrain and climate of the country you are visiting
- Current health concerns of the country
- The political atmosphere of the country
- Telephone numbers of local physicians and U.S. embassies
We review with you what each country requires and recommends for travel in and out of the country.
We can address any illness or discomfort you experienced while away, or any type of health problem that has developed since your return. If necessary, we will provide appropriate testing and treatment.
Do you know someone heading off to summer camps, high school or college? We have the new meningitis vaccine available for your student. We also provide general vaccinations, including pneumonia and varicella (chicken pox) along with tuberculosis screening. We are certified to administer the yellow fever vaccine.