Social Media Guidelines
If you think you may have a medical emergency, call 911 immediately. Botsford does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment via social media.
Comments published on our social sites—even when the commenter identifies himself or herself as a Botsford employee—are not to be considered official communications from Botsford Hospital or its entities.
Links on social profiles are not necessarily endorsed by Botsford.
General Posting Guidelines: We encourage your comments and hope you will join the discussions. We might not be able to respond to every comment, especially those that deal with individual medical cases and issues. We generally try to respond to comments during normal business hours. Where possible we review comments before they're posted, and those that are off-topic or are promoting a commercial product, service or event generally won't make the cut. We also expect participants to be civil to each other and keep the discussion family-friendly.
Please remember that when you post a comment, it is published for the world to see. For your own privacy and that of your family, you should consider carefully how much personal and medical information you want published on the Internet.
DETAILED POSTING GUIDELINES: Comments and posts that do not follow these guidelines may be removed. Please show respect to those you are addressing when submitting comments. Moderators will post and attempt to comment on legitimate questions and concerns. Apparent violations of these guidelines will be removed and may cause the author(s) to be blocked without notice.
1. Please make every effort to protect your personal health information as well as that of others. Do not identify people and their health conditions. You participate at your own risk, taking personal responsibility for your comments, your username and any information provided.
2. We do not allow graphic, obscene, explicit or racial comments, nor do we allow comments that may be perceived as abusive, hateful or intended to defame an organization or individual including Botsford staff or physicians.
3. We do not allow solicitations, advertisements or other spam. This includes promotion or endorsement of any financial, commercial, educational, for-profit or not-for-profit organization.
4. We do not allow comments that suggest or encourage illegal activity.
5. While Botsford will not be collecting or retaining these comments in our records, this is a public forum and any information provided in comments will be publicly available on Facebook and may be found through search engines such as Google and Yahoo. As such, please do not include personal details such as your social security number, or any other personally identifiable information or personal health information you do not want available to the general public.