Everyone on our staff works together to provide patients with the most professional, comprehensive, and courteous care possible. Our team of physicians and both clinical and non-clinical staff offer the most advanced diagnostic techniques enabling us to determine the best, most comprehensive, individualized treatment plan possible for you.
Our group specializes in diseases of the chest (pulmonary), interventional pulmonary procedures for early diagnosis and cancer treatment, sleep disorders, breathing & diagnostics, and critical care medicine. Helping you or your loved ones achieve maximum recovery is our primary goal! It is our privilege to care for you.
- Wilfred VanderRoest, D.O. is a graduate of Michigan State University and is board certified in Pulmonary & Critical Care Medicine. He is currently Program Director for the Pulmonary & Critical Care Fellowship program at Botsford Hospital in addition to the Director of Pulmonary Rehabilitation Services.
- Philip Kaplan, D.O. is a graduate of Kirksville College of Medicine and is board certified in Pulmonary & Critical Care Medicine. He is extensively trained in Interventional Pulmonary Medicine, completing his training at Franklin Square Hospital in Maryland. Additionally, he is Medical Director of the Intensive Care Unit at Botsford Hospital.
Services and Tests
We provide the following services in our office:
- Complete sleep study testing, evaluation, education & compliance programs
- Ages 6 and up
- Diagnostics performed by board-registered polysomnography technicians and interpreted by board-certified sleep specialists
- Led by Medical Director Chakrapani Ranganathan, M.D., chief of neurology at St. John Macomb, board certified in neurology and sleep medicine and Kamal Nasser, M.D., assistant director
- Sleep diagnostics conveniently located within the same clinic facility
- Complete pulmonary function testing
- Interventional pulmonary medicine including
- Endobronchial ultrasound (EBUS)
- Pulmonary fiducial placement for targeted radiation therapy
- SuperDimension navigational bronchoscopy (GPS guidance for reaching small lung lesions for early diagnosis and treatment of lung disease)
- Bronchoprovocation testing (Methacholine Challenge)for definitive diagnosis of asthma
- Complete six minute walk testing
Pulmonary Medicine evaluations/consultations/surgical clearance:
Call (248) 449-7010 Fax (248) 449-7015
Sleep Medicine evaluations/consultations/surgical clearance:
Call (248) 344-2060 Fax (248)344-2069.
Urgent Care can often be provided the same day, but generally an appointment is provided within 1-2 days. If you are calling for routine follow-up care, allow 30-60 days for an appointment.
Due to the severity and complexity of pulmonary disease and sleep disorders, we cannot anticipate the medical condition in which our patients will arrive to the clinic. It is our goal to give the attention each patient warrants based on the complexity of illness. Please know that we understand your time is valuable, but there are times when the wait may be long, even those with scheduled appointments. We ask that you come prepared for this situation and try to understand that there may be a time when you require extra time. It is our goal to give each patient the time their medical condition requires at the time of their clinic visit. We will however make every effort to keep the schedule on time. We "Thank You" in advance for understanding.
We have a board certified physician on call 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days per year.
Please contact the answering service if you require prompt attention and it is after hours, at (248) 522-2806. Otherwise please leave a message on the office voicemail (248) 449-7010 for pulmonary concerns or for equipment issues call (248) 344-2060 and your call will be returned the following business day.
If your situation is life threatening or you have a medical emergency, go to Botsford's Emergency Center or call 911.
To request a refill, contact the nurse line at (248) 449-7010, select option #4. You will only receive a return call if there is a question regarding your prescription request.
Prescriptions are generally not filled or refilled after hours and/or without proper evaluation by the physician. Proper evaluation is required by law to ensure safe practices for patient care. Medications are filled electronically to the pharmacy on file.
Our office accepts most major health insurance plans including but not limited to: Medicare, Medicaid, Medicare Advantage, HAP, Blue Cross/Blue Shield HMO and PPO plans, United Health Care, BCN, Priority Health, Cigna, Health Plus, PPOM, Aetna, and many other HMOs and PPOs. We currently do not accept Omnicare.
For questions regarding our participation with your provider, please call us at (248) 449-7010 (for pulmonary) and (248) 344-2060 (for sleep testing, medicine).
Co-pays and unpaid balances are due at time of service unless other arrangements have been made in advance of your appointment. We accept cash, check, Visa, MasterCard, Discover, and American Express cards.
With all the rapid changes in health care it is impossible for us to know the nuances of each insurance plan. Your particular coverage is between you and your insurance provider and it is your responsibility to know your coverage. If you are unsure, please contact your provider prior to your appointment.
If you require a referral for the visit, it is your responsibility to obtain this referral from your primary care physician prior to your scheduled appointment. If you do not arrive with a referral and it is required by your insurance carrier, your appointment will be rescheduled.
We require verification of your identity. At the time of registration, please provide your:
- Driver's license
- Insurance card(s) and
- Social Security number.
We require this information to ensure there are not duplicate identifiers in our system that may indicate and notify us if others are using your information to obtain health care. Our staff is trained & educated to protect your confidential financial and health records, in compliance with HIPAA, and all federal & state laws.
Please Note: If you have recently moved, married, divorced, etc. and your name or address does not match your insurance card and/or drivers license, you must provide another piece of mail with matching information for identity verification in compliance with Federal Red Flag Rules (examples include: bank statement, credit card statement, utility bill).