In This Section
Botsford Hospital Main Campus
28050 Grand River Ave.
Map Contact Us
Making You Stronger
Sometimes you need extra help to recover from an illness or accident. The Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation Department at Botsford has a team of physical therapists, occupational therapists and speech pathologists to help you regain your mobility and independence. Inpatient and outpatient rehabilitation programs are offered on the main hospital campus and at several neighborhood locations.
Rehabilitation at Botsford can help with:
- Neurological conditions: stroke, Parkinson's, Multiple Sclerosis or head injury
- Orthopedic conditions: arthritis, joint replacements, hand trauma or carpal tunnel syndrome
- Work and sports related injuries
- Voice conditions: hoarseness, loss of voice, sinusitis, or laryngitis
- Urinary incontinence
- Lymphedema or venous edema
- Pulmonary conditions
Types of Rehabilitation
- Occupational Therapy uses activities of daily living and exercise to promote the highest level of independent functioning.
- Physical Therapy uses exercises and physical activities to help condition muscles and restore strength and movement.
- Pulmonary Rehabilitation works to improve the functional capacity and the quality of life for persons with asthma, emphysema, chronic bronchitis, pulmonary fibrosis and other lung conditions.
- Speech Pathology works with individuals to help them improve language, thinking, and swallowing, speech and voice skills.