In This Section
Beaumont Hospital - Farmington Hills offers standard testing along with advanced imaging studies.
- Stress Echocardiogram: Patient walks on a treadmill attached to EKG and blood pressure; ultrasound ('echo') images are taken before and after walking.
- Dobutamine Stress Echocardiogram: Instead of walking, a medication ('Dobutamine') is infused via an IV; it produces effects in the body very similar to exercise; EKG and blood pressure still attached; Echo images done before, during, and after infusion.
- Cardiolite Stress Test: Same as Treadmill Stress Test except nuclear images are taken before and after walking.
- Persantine Cardiolite Stress Test: Instead of walking, a medication ('Persantine') is infused via an IV; it produces effects in the body to allow blockages to be more easily seen.
- Tilt Table Test: Monitors heart rate and blood pressure while a patient is strapped to a table tilted upwards.
Cardiology Services Telephone Contacts
Echocardiograms, cardiac computed tomography (CT) scans and cardiac magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) - give physicians state-of-the-art views that show how the heart is functioning. Diagnostic catheterizations (caths) are performed in a newly updated cardiac cath lab.