Botsford HealthSource Magazine
Brain Fitness: Use It or Lose It
Follow these top 10 daily activities to maintain your brain:
- Play games for 15 minutes.
- Meditate daily for relaxation.
- Eat healthy fats for better brain function. Focus on fish oils, olive oil, flaxseed and walnuts.
- Tell good, detailed stories. The details help you solidify memories.
- Turn off your TV.
- Exercise your body to increase oxygen to your brain.
- Branch out and read something different.
- Learn a new skill.
- Make simple changes. The more something is second nature, the less your brain has to work to do it.
- Train your brain by focusing on fun activities that promote memory, visualization and reasoning.
Call Diane Zide at (248) 426-6902 to learn how you can attend a Botsford Commons Senior Community recreation program as a guest. The Town Commons recreation area offers campus residents a pool, exercise room, library, restaurant, movie theater and card room where you can partake in tai chi, Wii, line dancing, storytelling, massage, painting, reading and more.
Call (248) 442-2565 for your FREE copy of the December newsletter from the Botsford Commons Senior Community.
Older Adults Services