In This Section
Botsford Hospital Library
Zieger Admin & Educ Building
28050 Grand River Ave.
Farmington Hills, MI 48336
Phone: (248) 471-8434
Fax: (248) 471-8060
Closed weekends & holidays
Botsford HealthSource Magazine
Why Have a Geriatric Assessment?
Our comprehensive geriatric assessment is for adults age 60 and older who:
- Seek wellness and a greater fullness of life
- Cope with mental and emotional changes, multiple health concerns or a chronic disability
- Experience a decline in physical functioning
- Want to protect and improve memory function
In a comfortable setting, the assessment will include a total evaluation of a person’s recent medical care, health status and lifestyle. Areas that are reviewed as part of the assessment include:
- Medical care: Preventive care, lab work and medications
- Health status: Brain and heart function, chronic illness, depression and anxiety, driving capability, medical decision-making, memory/dementia, mobility and balance, osteoporosis, psychiatric/psychological concerns and sleep disorders
- Lifestyle: Nutrition; medical, legal and financial advanced planning; and an environmental, safety and social assessment of the living situation
Participants also receive guidance and referrals to available community resources at no cost.
Get complete details about the Botsford Geriatric Assessment at www.botsfordcommons.org/services/senior_assessment.html. Need an appointment? Call (248) 426-6930.
Older Adult Services