Botsford News Release
Farmington Hills, Mich. (July 18, 2014)---Will you be looking to sign up for health insurance under the provisions of the Affordable Care Act later this year? The ACA's health insurance marketplace is designed to have an annual open enrollment period. The next ACA marketplace open enrollment period will be from November 15, 2014, to February 15, 2015. Leading up to and during this open enrollment period, Botsford Hospital will host a series of monthly learning sessions to connect people with resources, support their health insurance literacy, and enable their meaningful use of the new health insurance coverage.
"With our upcoming series of monthly informational sessions in summer, fall, and winter, we're trying to be change agents for our communities," says Luke Meert, Botsford Health Care corporate director of accounts receivable. "At Botsford, we want to help people learn about their options under the Affordable Care Act, so they can make informed decisions about their health care coverage."
Helping You Prepare for Open Enrollment
* Wednesdays, 5:00-6:30 p.m.
* 2014: Aug. 20, Sept. 24, Oct. 22, Nov. 19, and Dec. 10
* 2015: Jan. 7
* Botsford Hospital, Zieger A&E Center, Classroom C
* Learn about the Affordable Care Act, the health insurance marketplace, and the State of Michigan's Healthy Michigan Program. Also learn how these programs affect Botsford Hospital, Botsford's insurance assistance programs, and Botsford's special insurance assistance programs for our patients with chronic illness.
* For more information, call 248-442-1633.
Botsford Hospital is a multi-specialty 330 bed hospital and verified trauma center located in Farmington Hills, Michigan. The campus also houses an imaging center and a comprehensive care cancer center. Botsford Hospital is also home to an extensive medical education program and is part of Michigan State University's statewide campus system. Botsford Hospital each year cares for approximately 16,000 inpatients and more than 60,000 emergency and trauma patients with a team of 2,500 employees, 300 volunteers and more than 600 physicians. A not-for-profit hospital, Botsford provided almost $10.5 million in community benefit during its 2011 fiscal year.
MEDIA CONTACT: Lynn C. Anderson, Director, Marketing & Public Relations or Beth Montalvo, Publications & Media Relations Coordinator
PHONE: (248) 442-7986
Download Attachments: Affordable-Care-Act.png